SherriKayaks Outdoor Programs will be offering several beginner paddle sports classes on the Fox River at Fox River Paddle Sports. You can find the complete schedule for all of the classes listed below, as well as many others being offered at other locations, by visiting www.SherriKayaks.com. You must register in advance for these classes by calling 262-895-2008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost includes use of a kayak/canoe/SUP and all paddling equipment.
- Try Kayaking – 2 hours, $55/person
- Try Canoeing – 2 hours, $55/person
- Try SUP (stand-up paddleboard) – 2 hours, $55/person
- Recreational Kayaking Basics – 2.5 hours, $65/person
- Canoeing Basics – 2.5 hours, $65/person
- SUP Basics – 2.5 hours, $65/person
- Introduction to Moving Water – 3 hours, $75/person
Guided one-way kayaking trips on stretches of the Fox River are led by SherriKayaks Outdoor Programs. The cost of the trips is $65/person and includes a kayak and all paddling equipment. You must register in advance for these trips by calling 262-895-2008 or emailing email@example.com. To see more complete descriptions of the trips, please visit www.SherriKayaks.com.
- June 29, 2018, 4-7pm – Waterford to Saller Woods
- July 8, 2018, 3-6pm – Mukwonago to Big Bend
- August 4, 2018, 9am-1pm – Mukwonago to Big Bend
- August 17, 2018, 4-7pm – Tichigan to Waterford
- September 15, 2018, 9am-1pm – Big Bend to Tichigan
STANDUP PADDLEBOARD (SUP)
If you enjoy SUP paddling, try a one-way guided trip on the Fox River. Our SUP trips start in Waterford at Fox River Paddle Sports and end in Rochester. This isn’t a class, but your guide is an ACA-certified stand-up paddling instructor and can give you some helpful pointers during the trip. The cost is just $55 per person and includes your board, paddle, leash, and life jacket. You can register by calling 262-895-2008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, June 8, 2018, 4-6:30pm
- Friday, June 22, 2018, 5-7:30pm
- Sunday, July 29, 2018, 9:30am-12pm*
- Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 10am-12:30pm
- Monday, September 3, 2018, 10am-12:30pm
*This trip is being offered by the City of Brookfield Parks & Recreation Department. It is currently full and has a wait list. Discounts, credits, and SherriKayaks gift certificates cannot be used for this trip.
Stop in during one of the four Wednesday evenings this summer when Sherri will offer a series of relaxed “Paddling Conversations” on a variety of topics relating to the sports of canoeing, kayaking, and stand-up paddleboard. Gather around the picnic table at Fox River Paddle Sports or bring your own lawn chair. Sherri will give an informal presentation before opening the discussion with the audience. Although there is a designated topic for each of the six gatherings, feel free to come on by to ask questions about any paddling topic. All “Conversations” begin at 5:30pm and generally last until about 7pm. These events are free to the public and do not require advance registration.
- June 12, 2019 – Things Your Mother Never Told You About Kayaking
- June 26, 2019 – Everything You Need to Know About Transporting Your Canoe, Kayak, or Paddleboard
- July 24, 2019 – What’s SUP? (Learn about Paddleboards)
- August 21, 2019 – Expanding Your Paddle Season