Starting tomorrow evening at 5:30pm, you are invited to stop by Fox River Paddle Sports in Waterford for a free presentation on “Things I Wish I’d Known When I Started Kayaking”. Long-time paddler and ACA Instructor, Sherri Mertz, will talk about some of the rookie mistakes she made with hopes of saving you from making the same mistakes. Bring a lawn chair and your own snacks and beverages. The presentations will last approximately 1.5 hours or until everyone gets their questions answered. The format is informal and conversational, and the atmosphere sitting next to the river can’t be beat! If you can’t make it to the first “Conversation”, put the rest of them on your calendar and plan to visit on the other Wednesday evenings this summer.
- June 7 – Things I Wish I’d Known When I Started Kayaking
- June 21 – The “How” and “Why” of Choosing a Good Paddle
- July 5 – Choosing a Kayak/Understanding Hull Design
- July 19 – Understanding Moving Water
- August 2 – Paddling for Families
- August 16 – Knots for Paddlers
- August 30 – Cold Weather Paddling